Why am I sharing a picture of my sweet baby girl? She is obviously delicious but I actually want to tell the story of the fabric I use for each Koala Clip and the inspiration came from these cloth diapers.
Today's cloth diapers are much different than the thick white cloth and plastic cover that my mom used 36 years ago. Cloth diapers today include a moisture-wicking fabric to draw wetness away from the skin and a moisture resistant fabric to keep wetness from leaking out.
When the idea of Koala Clip came to me, I knew the right fabric was key. It couldn't be heavy to become a sweat-ball in the bra and it was clear to me that keeping phones protected from sweat and wetness was critical. I made my prototype out of some current products on the market which only reinforced my suspicion that normal armband and waistband materials wouldn't work. Enter cloth diaper fabric for the Koala Clip - just reverse engineered. Instead of being set up to keep moisture in, it keeps moisture out.
Sweat-Resistant PUL Fabric (the inside liner):
- 100% eco-friendly.
- Super soft, breathable and flexible.
- CPSIA certified, meeting stringent standards by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission on lead and phthalates and flammability.
- Very durable, tested to withstand 300+ washings.
- Unique process permanently melt-bonds our specially-treated 1-mil TPU film to the fabric without toxic solvents. The process emits no toxic waste or VOCs that are harmful to the environment.
- The fabric is manufactured with no harmful chemicals or finishes in controlled conditions in American textile mills.
Athletic Jersey Fabric (the outside fabric):
- High-performance fabric with superior wicking for a cool, dry and fresh feel.
- Uniquely engineered from premium hydrophobic fibers.
- It has a medium pattern on one side and flat back on the other side
- Extremely breathable, soft, stretchy & durable
- Manufactured with no harmful chemicals or finishes
- CPSIA compliant, meeting stringent standards by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission on lead and phthalates and flammability
Together these fabrics create part of the uniqueness of Koala Clip. Breathable fabric, moisture resistant to protect the phone, without becoming heavy from sweat or hot inside a bra. The fabric is very lightweight, weighing less than an ounce and less than two ounces when assembled with the magnetic clip.